Simposi is a new mobile application and the world’s first self-populating social calendar. Simposi makes it easy to meet new people and make new friends, by matching you with other people based on the activities you’re interested in doing. Our patented algorithm automatically schedules meetups in small groups of six people or less and sends out invitations to anyone with preferences that match. Simposi is LGBT friendly and an all-inclusive community, no matter who you’re looking for, you’re likely to find them here.
We are a start-up in its earliest phases which means you will be working directly alongside the founders and business advisors in a tight-knit team. Your responsibilities will be extensive and your efforts will be critical in launching our company on the world stage.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a low-supervision, high ownership role where you will be establishing our initial marketing strategy. We need someone who is looking for real experience and is ready to take charge of the marketing activities of an early stage start-up, including market validation & research, identifying target markets, key launch cities, drafting marketing plans, establishing social media accounts and strategies, branding strategies and more. If you’re looking for a position that will provide a ton of experience and opportunity, this is it!
- Conduct market validation in order to direct the development of the application.
- Develop brand identity and personality to ensure we are presenting a cohesive image from the very start.
- Draft a guerrilla marketing strategy, critical for launching the product.
- Establish and build traffic channels leveraging email, blog posts, facebook, twitter, etc.
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar.
- Write/Edit articles for the Simposi blog.
- Write/Edit press releases.
- Research & Analyze the competition.
- Perform SEO audits.
- Identify and target new outreach opportunities.
- Monitor Social Channels for trending news, ideas and memes.
- Capture & Analyze Social Media Metrics.
- Deep engagement in sales strategy development and marketing activities.
- Frequent attendance at meetups and other events to obtain market validation of product concept.
- Work with users to identify key features and direct product pivots.
- Flexible working environment.
What We Are Looking For
- Zen-like focus – when the going gets tough, you don’t mind hunkering down and getting the job done.
- Social Butterfly – you love interacting with people, attending events, and teasing the details out of people.
- Attention to Detail – able to catch the little details and challenge assumptions to reveal new avenues of thought.
- Empathetic – a great listener who really knows how to understand clients concerns and issues.
- Availability – at least 25-35 hours per week.
Skills That Make You an Asset
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google Drive, Whatsapp, UberConference, Meetup.
- Video creation/editing.
- Global marketing focus and familiarity with the culture of top international cities.
Compensation & Details
- Immediate Start Date
- This is an unpaid, part-time, work-from-home internship, requiring 10 – 15 hours/week.
- Preference for applicants with an Undergraduate, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in Media, Marketing, or similar.
Read This Article on Why Every Student should Intern at a Startup!