Community Rules & Guidelines
Last Updated: August 9, 2020
Welcome to the Simposi Community. We want everyone at Simposi to have a great time and that means everyone should feel comfortable and safe to attend a Simposi activity. Failure to adhere to these guidelines together with our Terms & Conditions may result in losing access to our platform.
- All users are required to read and follow the Simposi Community Guidelines and come back to review it from time to time as it is updated.
- All users are required to read and follow the Simposi Safety Tips and check back periodically for updates.
- Do Not Use the Service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by applicable laws, the Simposi Terms & Conditions or EULA Agreement.
- Do Not Use the Service for any harmful or nefarious purpose.
- Do Not User the Service in order to damage Simposi or its affiliates.
- Do Not spam, solicit money from or defraud any members.
- Do Not impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission.
- Do Not bully, “stalk”, intimidate, assault, harass, mistreat or defame any person.
- Do Not post any Content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right.
- Do Not post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic.
- Do Not post any Content that incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Do Not post any Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Do Not solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other members or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
- Do Not use another member’s account, share an account with another member, or maintain more than one account.
- Do Not create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission to do so.
Photos & Content
We are an activity based platform with private profiles. Personal information is shared only temporarily to enable users to find each other. Publicly available information is related to events. Please post only photos you own. If you don’t own the rights to a photo, don’t post it. Please keep activity descriptions short and sweet and refrain from using obscene or offensive words.
Everyone is welcome on Simposi. This means you should respect other people’s beliefs, interests and property while at Simposi activities. Simposi has provided settings to help you match with communities you feel you might connect with, for example: you can choose to identify as LGBTQ and meet others in the LGBTQ community if you are comfortable with that. These settings are here to create a safe space for these communities and bring people together, any abuse of community settings such as identifying as LGBTQ to cause trouble, will result in immediate loss of access to the Simposi Platform and may even be further prosecuted if the offense is serious enough. We strongly encourage our users to report anyone who does not follow these behavioral guidelines and or misrepresents themselves in their profiles and settings. As a community rooted in kindness and respect, we expect all of our users to respect each other, themselves, and the Simposi staff.
Fake Profiles & User Settings
Our app automatically matches people based on their profile settings, but we don’t really box you in too much. You can identify as being a man or a woman without having been born one. You can identify as being in a different age category. However, if we get reports from our users that cause them to feel uncomfortable with you being matched in their group. For example an older man asking to be matched with young girls, we may restrict your ability to chose settings on your account or you may lose access to our platform altogether. The actions we take will depend on the seriousness of the infraction.
Simposi is intended to be a safe and fun community for everyone, therefore we take a firm stance on illegal activity. Any illegal activity reported to Simposi Inc. will in turn be immediately reported to the authorities without delay. Simposi will not make the distinction between minor and major laws and will simply report all illegal activity as it is reported.
Not for Kids
While we make every attempt to keep Simposi a safe and wholesome community for everyone, it simply is not safe for children to be meeting strangers and for this reason Simposi is for people 18 years of age or older.
Users who do not follow these guidelines, may receive warning messages, have their accounts restricted or have their accounts deleted without notice. Simposi is meant to be a safe and fun community space so let’s work together to keep it that way!