Funny Video Contest
Submit your video showing your funniest boring boyfriend moments.
Chance to win up to $1000 in Prizes!
Boring boyfriends are a prime reason to go looking for more friends! Share funny video clips of your boring boyfriend (or girlfriend) with the Simposi community we so that we can all share your pain! Your videos will be used to inspire others to leave their boring boyfriends (or girlfriends) at home and go meet some new people. Videos can be whatever your imagination and talent can conceive towards this objective – just have fun and be creative!
- Videos cannot be longer than 3 minutes.
- All video entries must meet Entry Requirements to be eligible.
- Deadline for submissions is 12:00 pm (Noon) PST, Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. All videos submitted after this time will be disqualified.
- All videos must contain the Simposi Logo either at the beginning, end or both.
- All videos must be publicly posted on Youtube using your own personal Youtube account.
- All videos must be submitted with the approval of any actors or individuals who are shown in the video.
- All videos must acknowledge any music used by naming the artist(s) and the song(s) at some point in the video. Music may be used within guidelines of Fair Use. Fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and "transformative" purpose such as commentary, criticism, or parody. "Fair" uses do not require permission from the copyright owner.
- All videos must be submitted by Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 at 12:00 Noon to be eligible.
How to Enter
- Download the Simposi Logo and insert at the beginning, end or both of your video.
- Create your video according to the posted Entry Requirements.
- Upload your video to YouTube (you must have a YouTube or Google account – both are easy to create and free!)
- Submit a link to your YouTube video via this form and including the following information to complete your eligibility in the contest: Full name, mailing address, email address, phone number and country.
- Lastly, share your YouTube video with friends and family! The more "Likes" you generate, the better chance you have in the Fan Favourites category.
- You have until Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 at 12:00 Noon to submit your video entries. Simposi will announce the winners on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at www.simposi.com.
- 1st Place: $1000 in Gift Cards
- 2nd Place: $500 in Gift Cards
- 3rd Place: $200 in Gift Cards
- Fan Favourite (3): $100 Donation
Winners will be chosen by a Simposi Jury based on humour, creativity, originality, overall production value, as well as which ones best represent our fun-loving, happy and non-judgemental brand. Three Fan Favorites will be determined by the highest number of likes and by the Simposi Jury based on which ones best represent our fun-loving, happy and non-judgemental brand. The Three Fan Favorites will be honoured by having $100 donated in their name to a recognized organization of their choosing whose focus is on women or community.
Terms & Conditions
This contest is open to anyone who resides in the United States or Canada, except employees of the Contest Sponsors and their affiliates, members of their immediate families and persons with whom these employees are domiciled, their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The Contest Sponsors and their respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, accept no responsibility in any case where their inability to satisfy these contest rules arises from any situation which is outside of their control including but not limited to a situation of strike, lock-out or other labour strife in the Sponsors’ workplaces or in the workplaces of any organization or entity whose services are involved in running this contest.
All winning entries must be converted to .mp4 format and submitted to Simposi in order to claim their prize. All entries become the property Simposi (Cascading Enterprises) on submission, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Simposi (Cascading Enterprises) on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
Simposi will make every effort to notify winning entries within 24 hrs of announcements. Prizes will be posted to winners within 30 days of the announcements. Simposi and/or Cascading Enterprises excepts no responsibility for delays in contacting award recipients or awarding prizes as a result of incorrectly supplied contact information, delays as a result of shipping or service providers, technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Simposi and/or Cascading Enterprises has the right to terminate or suspend this contest or to modify the contest rules at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
By entering the contest entrants agree to comply with these official contest rules and agree to the publication, reproduction, and/or other use of his/her name, statements about the contest, and/or personal photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by Simposi (Cascading Enterprises) in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast, or digital.
Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.